Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Le forum des Old-timer et passionnés du Wild West.

PortailPortail  AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

44-40 Hollow Point

2 participants
AuteurMessage
J.B.Books
Law in Abilene
Law in Abilene
J.B.Books

44-40 Hollow Point Empty
MessageSujet: 44-40 Hollow Point   44-40 Hollow Point Icon_minitimeMar 10 Avr - 16:36

C'est d'origine ces ogives ???

44-40 Hollow Point UMC44HollowPt
Here's a box of 25 UMC two groove hollow point lead bullets that may be familiar to those who have been following my picture pages for a while. I included a picture of this box sometime in 2002, I think, perhaps a little earlier. Unfortunately, I didn't keep copies of my first picture pages, so I can't say for sure just when it was. At the time, I asked if anyone had ever seen a .44-40 WCF loaded with a hollow point lead bullet. I didn't get a response; I think they are pretty unusual, as I have never seen one. I have only recently run across something close, however, which suggests I may have been looking for the wrong cartridge all along. I've included a picture of a .44-40 black powder cartridge that is sporting an uncommon REM-UMC 44 REM headstamp and what appears to be one of these same hollow point lead bullets. This headstamp, applied by Remington-UMC to what was otherwise the standard .44-40 WCF black powder load, was intended to provide owners of the old Remington Model 1875 and 1890 Single Action Army revolvers with a recognizable cartridge that was safe to use in their black powder revolvers after the introduction of smokeless powder. It shows no evidence of having been reloaded, so I believe it is an original factory load.

44-40 Hollow Point 4440HollowPt-1
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
LLOYD
Acme
Acme
LLOYD

44-40 Hollow Point Empty
MessageSujet: Re: 44-40 Hollow Point   44-40 Hollow Point Icon_minitimeMar 10 Avr - 16:45

Je doutes, mais bon, on a rien inventé...
Quelle source cette info ????

Trouvé!!!

The first hollow-point bullets were marketed in the late 19th Century as Express bullets, and were hollowed out to reduce the bullet's mass and provide higher velocities. In addition to providing increased velocities, the hollow also turned out to provide significant expansion, especially when the bullets were cast in a soft lead alloy. Originally intended for rifles, the popular .32-20, .38-40 and .44-40 calibers could also be fired in revolvers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow-point_bullet

Dernière édition par LLOYD le Mar 10 Avr - 16:55, édité 1 fois
http://www.p-l-m-brand-saddlery.com/
J.B.Books
Law in Abilene
Law in Abilene
J.B.Books

44-40 Hollow Point Empty
MessageSujet: Re: 44-40 Hollow Point   44-40 Hollow Point Icon_minitimeMar 10 Avr - 16:51

LLOYD a écrit:
Je doutes, mais bon, on a rien inventé...
Quelle source cette info ????

Apparemment c'est plus que clean... C'est un site de collectionneur de munitions: http://www.oldammo.com/january06.htm
Contenu sponsorisé

44-40 Hollow Point Empty
MessageSujet: Re: 44-40 Hollow Point   44-40 Hollow Point Icon_minitime

44-40 Hollow Point
Page 1 sur 1